Non-dairy Creamy Strawberry Popsicle Recipe are a scrumptious frozen slice of summer. This homemade popsicle recipe for kids is an easy 4 ingredient treat that the whole family can make together. These Strawberry Yoghurt Popsicles are gluten, dairy, and top 9 allergen free as well as vegan.
- Why We Like This Strawberry Popsicles Recipe
- Ingredients for making Yogurt popsicles
- The Ingredient Low Down
- How to Make Strawberry Popsicles
- Like This Recipe? Sign up to our Newsletter so you never miss a recipe.
- Other Flavours and Combinations
- How to Store Non-dairy Creamy Strawberry Popsicles
- Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- Have You Made Our Non-dairy Creamy Strawberry Popsicle Recipe? Please Leave a Comment Below.
- Rate our Recipe.
- We Love To Hear From You!
- 📖 Recipe
- Food Safety
- Latest Posts
- 💬 Comments
Why We Like This Strawberry Popsicles Recipe
Nothing is more quintessentially summer to our kids than sitting in the heat and enjoying a popsicle. It is what I enjoyed in childhood, and my parents before me. We wanted to make sure our kids were not left out so we have come up with a few popsicle recipes for kids that double as healthy snacks.
The only way this recipe could be any easier is to buy them already made. Only 4 ingredients, 3 technically if you don’t count the water. This is a recipe the kids can help make with an adult to supervise and assist with the usage of the blender. It keeps the kids busy helping and gives them something to look forward to.
Ingredients for making Yogurt popsicles
- Plant Based Yoghurt
- Maple Syrup, optional
- Cold Water
See recipe card for quantities.
The Ingredient Low Down
Plant Based Yoghurt
Sugar free or low sugar plain plant based yoghurt is what we use in this recipe. The plain flavour allows us to get the flavour we would like to achieve. This is how we have the dairy free popsicles be the best real strawberry flavour without overpowering the taste with added flavours.
We usually use fresh strawberries in this recipe but if they are not in season or super expensive, frozen can be used. Frozen strawberries should be checked with the manufacturer for shared lines as they may be processed in plants with allergens.
Maple Syrup, optional
If the yoghurt has sugar in it already or you are looking to keep this snack low sugar this can be omitted. If skipping, use strawberries at their peak of ripeness or frozen strawberries.
How to Make Strawberry Popsicles
1- Blend the strawberries, water and maple syrup on high in a blender until the strawberries are well puréed. About 20-30 seconds in a high speed blender on the purée function.
2- Then add the yoghurt and blend a second time until just mixed. About 10 seconds on high speed.
3- Pour the mixture in Popsicle moulds to the top, leaving enough room for the stick to not overflow them.
4- Place the popsicles in the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight.
5- Run fully encompassing plastic moulds under warm water to help release the gluten free popsicles.
Hint: Using a high speed blender or food processor works best for keeping these 4 ingredient popsicles smooth in texture.
Like This Recipe? Sign up to our Newsletter so you never miss a recipe.
- Sweetener Options - Honey can be used instead of maple syrup, though it will no longer be a vegan treat. Agave syrup, monk fruit sweetener, or another sweetener can be used in place of maple syrup and still keep the strawberry popsicle vegan.
- Yoghurt - use coconut cream or full fat coconut milk instead of yoghurt.
Other Flavours and Combinations
Other Fruits - Try this recipe with
- Canned Pineapple
Use other fresh fruits in place of the strawberries. For citrus peel and remove as much pith (white stuff as possible but the membrane can stay on) and blend well in a high speed blender.
Alternatively, mix the fruit using half of one fruit like bananas and the rest strawberries, or limes and mint to make even more flavours.
This super easy Creamy Strawberry Popsicle recipe uses only
- 6- Popsicle moulds
- High Speed Blender or Food Processor
- Access to a freezer
The moulds we used hold about 3.5 oz of liquid. They are a larger popsicle but smaller sized moulds can be used when using popsicle recipes for kids. Getting holders with drip guards are handy in summer or using a silicone cover like one of these are great for little hands.
How to Store Non-dairy Creamy Strawberry Popsicles
The popsicles will keep if stored in a sealed container for up to 2 months. The containers need to be sealed or the dairy free yoghurt may pick up tastes from other foods. To store many popsicles in the same container, put a popsicle sized square of waxed paper or parchment paper in between the popsicles to keep them from sticking together.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Red, White, and Blue Eton Mess
Have You Made Our Non-dairy Creamy Strawberry Popsicle Recipe? Please Leave a Comment Below.
Rate our Recipe.
We Love To Hear From You!
- 6- Popsicle Moulds
- Hish Speed Blender or Food Processor
- Access to a Freezer
- 1.5 Cups Plain Plant Based Yoghurt we used Oat based
- 1.5 Cups Diced Strawberries about 15 medium sized
- 2 Tbsps Maple Syrup optional
- ½ Cup Cold Water
- Blend the strawberries, water and maple syrup on high in a blender until the strawberries are well puréed. About 20-30 seconds in a high speed blender on the purée function.
- Then add the yoghurt and blend a second time until just mixed. About 10 seconds on high speed.
- Pour the mixture in Popsicle moulds to the top, leaving enough room for the stick to not overflow them.
- Place the popsicles in the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Agave syrup, monk fruit sweetener, or another sweetener can be used in place of maple syrup. This recipe makes 6 regular sized popsicles.
- Contact the manufacturer of products, regarding cross contact and ingredients, to ensure they are safe for you
- Always check ingredients for allergens
- Do not use the same utensils on allergen free food, that previously touched allergens
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment and us know how much you liked it.